What they are and how they are used cookies
Cookies are strings of text sent from a web server (eg. The site) to the user's Internet browser, it automatically stored on your computer and automatically sent to the server at each occurrence or subsequent access to the site.
By default, most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies.
- Session cookies: they are stored on your computer for purely technical and functional requirements, for the transmission of session identifiers required to enable a safe and efficient site; they are deleted at the end of the "session" (hence the name) with the browser is closed. This type of cookie avoids the use of other technologies that could compromise the privacy of the users;
- Persistent cookies: they remain stored on your computer's hard drive until they expire or cancellation by users / visitors. Through persistent cookies visitors who access the site (or any other users who use the same computer) are automatically recognized at every visit. Persistent cookies fulfill many functions in the interest of navigators (such as the use of the navigation language or recording of the shopping cart in shopping online. However, persistent cookies can also be used for promotional purposes or, even , for purposes of dubious legality. Visitors can set your computer's browser so that it accept / reject all cookies or to alert whenever a cookie is offered, in order to assess whether to accept it. The ' user is allowed, however, to change the default configuration (default) and disable cookies (ie block a final), by setting the security level higher.
These two types of cookie (session and persistent) may in turn be:
- First-party cookies: When are managed directly by the owner and / or manager of the website.
- Third-party cookies when cookies are set and managed by foreign managers website visited by the user.
How they work and how you delete cookies
The operating modes and options to limit or block cookies, can be made by changing the settings on your Internet browser. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org for information on how to manage/delete cookies based on the type of browser used.
To remove cookies from the Internet browser of your smartphone/tablet, you should refer to the user manual of the device.
As indicated previously, cookies can be over that session and persistent even third part. The latter fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the same operator and are divided into the following main categories:
- Analitycs: cookies are used to collect and analyze statistical information on access / visits to the website. In some cases, associated with other information such as credentials entered for the 'access to restricted areas (your email address and password), you can be used to profile the user (personal habits, sites visited, downloaded content, types interactions carried out, etc.).
For example, Google Inc. for aggregate statistical information type, useful to evaluate the use of the website and the activities carried out by the visitor, stores the information collected by the cookie on servers that can be located in the USA or in other countries. Google reserves the right to transfer the information produced by its cookies to third parties where required by law or if the third party process information on its behalf. Google ensures not to associate the IP address with any other data held in order to obtain a profile of the user more detail. More information about privacy and their use are available directly on the websites of the respective operators.
- Widgets: fall in this category all those graphical components of a user interface of a program, that has the purpose to facilitate the user interaction with the program itself. By way of example are widgets cookies facebook, google +, twitter. More information about privacy and their use are available directly on the websites of the respective operators.
- Advertsing: fall into this category cookies used for advertising on a site. Google, Tradedoubler fall into this category. More information about privacy and their use are available directly on the websites of the respective operators.
- Web beacons: This category includes snippets of code that allow a website to transfer or collect information through the request for a graphic image. Websites can use them for different purposes, such as analysis of the use of Web sites, control and reporting on advertising and personalization of advertising and content.
Using Flash Cookies
The website can use Adobe Flash Player in order to offer some multimedia content. On most computer the program is installed "default".
In case you are using some of this content, may be stored additional data on the computer, also known as Flash cookies (or Local Share Object) by means of which the holder is able to know the total number of times that will open some audio / video files, the number of people using it to the end and how many people, however, the close before the deadline.
The website of Adobe (owner of Flash Player) provides information on how to remove or disable Flash cookies.
It is recalled that limit and / or eliminate the use of this type of flash cookies can affect the functions available for applications based on Flash technology.
What cookie uses predictions-today.com?
Depending on the page requested by the user and the technology necessary for proper display, the pages of the site predictions-today.com, may use all variants of cookies listed above. Disabling cookies may not allow the user a correct use of the site.